Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Shark!!!!!

 

   A long time ago, I spent some time in southeast Asia. The ocean was only about a half a mile away and in my off duty time, I'd go there and watch it and watch and watch. It was absolutely amazing for a man who'd never seen so much water.
   A friend said that the swimming was great. He said that you could walk out a few feet and then the bottom fell away leaving enough water so you could stand in ankle deep water and dive. Sure sounded like fun.
   And so one evening as it was almost dark, I ventured out to the beach. It was amazing and absolutely calm. I took off my shirt and shoes and waded into the water. Just as I was about to dive, I saw a fin break the surface. I'm not sure what it was but I had visions of man eating sharks, great whales and other denizens of the deep. There was just no way I could enter that ocean. I was totally in fear. 
   As the years have gone by, I have become much more brave. If I ever had the chance to do that again, I would probably go ahead and dive. There aren't many sea critters that would find this decrepit old man too appealing any way.
   You can find the EBook Kindle edition of this book, "Brothers by Fire" at Amazon.com and at www.peaceriverbooks.com. The Peace River Books blog is updated each day. 
   Stop in once in a while. I'll try to write something new and informative about my book Brothers by Fire.
Good Reading,
Ron

No comments:

Post a Comment